Skip to main content

I'm having an issue on my Production environment with a SmartForm List Form.  This form is displayed through SharePoint but I'm also getting the error in Designer.  The error reads:  An unexpected error occurred while attempting to execute a server-side operation. n200] OK (parsererror).  Has anyone experienced this in the past and how did you fix the error?  The error does not happen all the time on the list form, just when we try to use the quick search or go beyond a certian page.

Thanks!

Susan

16311i0DA6C708C728DD04.jpg

Hi SCrement,

I haven’t seen the error before but what can help perhaps is to have a look at the following:

Install fiddler > run fiddler and try to reproduce the issue > After issue has appeared stop the fiddler trace.

Now you can look at the end at the estimated time of the issue what was happening during/Before the error message you get.

“Please note, I suggest that you do not upload the fiddler trace log to the post as this is you production and may contain critical information” {Rather look at the trace yourself and you are welcome to ask about any error, etc. If you are not sure.}

Hope this helps

Regards

Quintin

Thanks Quintin!

We found that the error was happening on records that are imported into our SQL database from an offsite customer.  The customer inlcudes a hex character which causes the read method on the smartobject to fail.  Once the character is fixed, the record is able to be red through the smartobject.

Thanks again!

Susan