Skip to main content

I'm trying to configure rules for a checkbox but can't get it to fire base on the value.  Does the checkbox give a value of "Yes" and "No" based on if it is checked or unchecked instead of "True"/"False" or "1"/"0"?  I couldn't find any documentation on this issue.

Hi Adisa

Please note that we're currently aware of an issue regarding configuring a simple Condition (such as: "A control contains a value") against a [Checkbox] control.

As a workaround, please create an "Advanced Condition" against the control. Using the "Advanced Condition" to validate the control, you should be able to validate the control against the following values (and all capitalization thereof):

a) Yes/No

b) True/False

c) 1/0

Also, as an FIY…

What check box returns seems to be dependent on the smart object. When the checkbox is bound to MS SQL binary field it returns 0/1. When the smart object is a SharePoint list it returns true/false.

That's odd, my smartobject is running off the builtin service for SQL Server.  I tried using "1" and it didn't work but it did work for "True" for checked box.

The confusing thing is the drop down for the checkbox "Data Type" only has one option for "YesNo".

I encountered the same issue.

What I did was create a textbox next to the checkbox. Placed an expression on the textbox to display the value of the checkbox.

Turns out the values are true when checked and false when unchecked.