Skip to main content

Symptoms

I have a workflow with Smartform integration that was working fine. I noticed that I had a blank space on one of my datafields name on the K2 workflow, so I removed the space and K2 BlackPearl required that I re-map all mapped fields that used the specific re-named field. I published the workflow and now when I submit the Smartform, it does not talk to the workflow, a workflow instance is not started. I have run the integration wizard in K2 Visual Studio, I have deleted the rule that the integration created and had the wizard recreate it and then published the project and it is still not working.

Diagnoses

On the "when button is click" event that would start the workflow, there was another action to close out of the form when previously removing the start a workflow action and rerunning the integration wizard, the start a workflow action was added as the last item. As such the form was closing out before calling the start a workflow action.

Resolution

Re-ordering the actions to start the workflow before closing out of the form was performed to resolve the issue.

On a separate note, when integrating with Smartforms the "start a workflow action" is added on the state that was specified. One may also see this same workflow not starting behavior if the form is submitted on a different state that does not contain this action.

Be the first to reply!