Skip to main content
Hello K2 Experts,

When I began developing my SmartForm application, I would occasionally check the page properties to ensure that the page on which I was working was indeed pointed to the correct K2 activity.

Now, the application is very nearly completed, but when I look for the properties, I find that they're gone. I can open a SmartForm page for edit in the IDE, set the Solution, Project, Process and Activity as I did earlier in development - the K2 selection windows pop up and I can select a value - the selected value appears in the text area. I save the page and all seems well.

Then I dismiss the page and reopen it again for edit and the values I just entered are gone. NOTE: Significantly, the PageType is the only value that the page has remembered about itself. It was set when I began development of each page.

This condition has not seemed to affect the operation of the page. I can recompile the application and deploy changed pages and dlls and everything works smoothly.

I created a test ASP.NET application and tried the same procedures with two SmartForm pages using the same K2 project, and voila, it works. The values remain saved and visible on edit.

The first application has 37 SmartForm pages and 6 ordinary ASP.NET pages. The second test application has only 2 SmartForm pages.

The question, of course, is this? Why are property settings for SmartForms not remaining 'saved' and visible upon edit? Interestingly, they pages perform as if the properties have been 'saved' when deployed into production or run in development.

Thanks!
I don't know if this helps or not, but:

For some kooky reason, you need to have K2 Studio open and the process you are using open before launching Visual Studio, or you won't have access to the fields in the properties dialog.
Hi sodell,

I'm aware of the behavior you mentioned and taken care to have Studio open in the process before opening Visual Studio.

This used to work and, in fact, still does work in my smaller test application. I'm wondering if the demand for resources in the larger production application is causing the issue.

Thanks anyway!
Sorry, I haven't got an answer for you... But it would be interesting to hear from other members with LARGE solutions whether they've experienced the same behaviour.

If you think logically about it, I don't think it is a Smarform problem per se as this should then also have happened in the smaller solution. Maybe a VS problem, maybe VS with custom components - I don't think a solution with 43 aspx pages will do the same. I think you're right with the resources issue.

Just my 2c worth,
Ockert