Skip to main content

I've been using Smart Form (extensively) for a while now and have not had to do much after-the-form closes processing.  I now have a K2 project where the scope requires me to:

1.  Have the K2 smartForm user update employee information and then have the smartForm close.

2.  Run (long-running) processes based on the updated employee information

3. Update sql tables on the results of the various processes

4.  Create a smartForm (dashboard) that displays the process updates-updated in the sql table.

Can anyone explain a good way of doing this in K2, or better yet, provide a link to a sample?

Thanks in advance!

Taffy

So, I was thinking that I would be able to have the smartForm start the workflow procees, transfer data to a smartForm that the server would run and allow the original form to close. 

From the reading I've done today, I'm not sure.  It looks like a K2 workflow process can not run a smartForm????

Do I have to create server code in Visual Studio?  In effect, part of the question I've asking is whether a K2 workflow process (server) can run a smartForm (a processing smartForm) without the user interacting, of course once the user has submitted the original smartForm.

Taffy