Skip to main content

Hi all,

I've been unable to find any info regarding adding a smart object to my workflow as a reference using k2 designer.

We can do this in K2 studio and K2 for VS, is this possible in the k2 designer?

Thanks in advance! 

11714i66D227C3D3E9B8B9.png

Look at (http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlUserGuide4.6.3/webframe.html?configure_smartobject_access.html) to configure which SmartObjects and methods are exposed in the “SmartObjects” tab in the K2 Designer. If it’s for smartforms, then make sure the “Allow this SmartObject to be used in a Workflow” checkbox is checked on the SmartObject properties (http://help.k2.com/helppages/K2smartforms1.01/SF_-_SODesigner_Details.html). These smartobjects are then displayed in the "SmartObjects" tab on the top in the K2 Designer and provided as wizards to drag onto the process.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunitly that is not what I'm reffering to. In the image above you see the SmartObject Reference wizard. This allows me to add a smartObject as a reference that is already "precalled" and has values you can use. The smartobject is then visible in the reference fields tree in the context browser.
This means i can just drag the values from the reference SmartObject into a field and not execute a read function to get the value for a field. 

This functionality is available with in K2 for VS.

I'm looking to implement this using the K2 Designer. What lead me to believe this might be implemented is the fact that in the context browser in the K2 designer there is a node called "Reference Fields" as per the image below.
Does anyone know what this node is for or when data will be populated and what type of data will be under it?

16833i057B7F9BDCC25C87.png

The Reference Fields section today is used when using the "Add Reference" wizard for CRM Entities (see image). I think the SmartObject reference is a new feature in the works and planned for a future release.

14071i7A7B4EF7353EE64B.png