Skip to main content

I have a Smart Form with a few columns which I can use to update values on an associated SharePoint list.  I pass the form a listitem id and it loads up some text fields after which using a K2 Picker Control tied to AD, I can update the list item as specified on the form when I click my submit button.

All cool.  However,  I have three issues:

• Very Slow to Resolve the User Name
  • Sometime I need to prefix the user name with a domain
  • I cannot load the form and display the current people picker values on the list item

Any help and/or links on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Hdb,

Please would confirm which version of Smartforms you are currently running?

Regards,

Yannick

Hi, I would be very inerested in hearing the answers especially o the performace of the picker control when hooked up to AD. I am also having the same issue. I have managed to cut down the time it takes for the picker to resolve AD users. Although, it is still quite slow. The worksround is to create a database that extracts data from active directory nightly and then hook up the picker control to that database. Reading from DB will be in most cases quicker than querying AD directly, which is what I assume the out of the box AD smatobejcts do.

Although, the method you hook up the picker to cannot have input parameters, as in you cannot pass what is entered in the picker to the underlying smartbject. I have found you have to create a method that returns all users from your database and then the picker control filters it after all data is returned from the database. If there was a way to pass in what is entered in the pcker to the underlying smartobjec then I think this would be very quick. Maybe the K2 moderators can say, if this feature will be released and if so when.

Thanks

I am currently using 106 which I am told is the latest version.

Hi,

I have the same issue with picker control. It takes too much time to resolve name.

I tried to create custome Web Service which take unput string as parameter. But now the issue is Picker control does not have input parameter as filter properties.

I also raised ticket to K2 Support for the same.

Is any of the K2 developers has solution on this?

HI All,

We have the same issue. Our environment has 9 domains and we cannot use the picker control for the same reason.

We opted to extract all the users into a SmartBox SmartObject and then hook this up to the picker.

I wrote a workflow that runs every day which loops through our AllEmployees group (Using the AD SmartObjects) and then adds/deletes/updates all users in the SmartBox SmartObject.

This works very well.

Another alternative which we used for a while is to make use of a lookup control instead of a picker.

The lookup control works by navigating the user to a subview to search for the entry.

I then created a small view which uses the URM Service to search for users.

Because of our domain requirements I had the user specify the domain and then type the first couple of letters of the user's name before searching.

It then searched for the user using the URM Service and the user could then select the user they wanted and this was returned to the Lookup control.

This involves more clicks from the users so we eventually dropped this approach.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

JohanL

Only return retrun crucial coloums. This also speeds up the picker control.