Skip to main content
Hi all -

This may end up being a silly question, but I can't seem to find an answer for it.

My organization would like to implement the smartform website that handles document approvals on a different IIS box than the box that the K2 workspace/process is being hosted on.

That being said, do I need to provide any special configuration considerations? Do I need to specify in the web.config connection string in the smartform app the location of the k2server that the process is being executed from? Do I need to reference additional dlls? If this is out there someplace, please post a link, I've been looking for maybe 3 hours now :

Or should I tell them to suck it up and put everything on the K2Server and be done with it?

Thanks in advance!
Thinking quickly about this, I can not really see a lot of problems with this except...
In order for user credentials to be passed from [client] to to [K2.net SERVER], you'll need to enable Kerberos authentication as NTLM would not be able to handle the 2nd hop. Please refer to KB article #123.
Other than that, you just need to specifiy the name of your K2.net Server machine (PlanServer) in your web app's web.config.

Safest (Easiest) solution - Keep everything on one box.

Regards,
Ockert

thanks for a fast reply, i'm all for safe and easy 🙂