Skip to main content

Hi!

A message is being sent every minute with this text:

The message you provided was not understood by the server. Ensure that the serial number of the task is included in your reply. You can find this in the original notification or on your K2 worklist. You can reply with 'Actions' to get a list of actions.

Or use a standard action:

• Redirect: Sends the task to another user and removes it from your worklist. To redirect the task, reply with 'redirect tUser]' (e.g., redirect bob, redirect bob@denallix.com or redirect K2:denallixob) or simply respond with 'redirect' and specify the target email in the CC line.
  • Delegate: Sends a copy of the task to another user so the task remains available on your worklist. To delegate the task, reply with 'delegate eUser]' (e.g., delegate bob, delegate bob@denallix.com or delegate K2:denallixob) or simply respond with 'delegate' and specify the target email in the CC line.
  • Sleep: Suspends the task for a period of time (until a date/time or in seconds) and removes it from your worklist. To sleep the task, reply with 'sleep pDate/Time]' or 'sleep pTime in Hours]' (e.g., sleep 02/06/2016 11:30:36 or sleep 2).

This server accepts dates in the formats 'dd/MM/yyyy' and 'd' de 'MMMM' de 'yyyy', and times in the formats 'HH:mm' and 'HH🇲🇲ss'. Dates and times may be combined and a time zone may be specified using '+/-hh:mm'. For example 02/06/2016 11:30:36 +2:30 or 02/06/2016 or 2 de junho de 2016.

The full error from the K2 server is '(Unknown)'.

How can we disable this type of message?

I don't think it is a matter of disabling the message, but addressing the root cause of why you are receiving the message. You mentioned you receive this message once per minute which tells us that it happening as a result of the poll of the K2 mailbox (one minute intervals).

What I suggest is logging into OWA as the K2 Service account and see if you can find the bad message and delete it. 

Hope this helps.

S.

Thanks for your answer!

We manage to solve this issue by going to the K2 blackpearl Setup Manager and disable the checkbox "Enable SmartActions for Exchange".

12660i87DADFF81CA6D1E5.png

I don't think you have solved the issue as just disabled functionaity to avoid the issue. The issue could still be present at some point in the future should you decide to use smart actions. It really is most likely a bad message or a sync issue which would be easiest to correct.

Yeah Scott is right. Disabling the SmartAction is not the right solution. If you need this feature in future, the issue will rise again. Going through your e-mail notification message, it seems email notification has been setup in the one of the client event. If you do not need this feature, uncheck the notify participants when they receive a work item in the email notification settings. I hope it helps.