Skip to main content

I am using the web service to trigger the k2 workflow. I facing a problem that the k2 is slow in openworklistItem at around 3pm because i try to log the "before openworklistItem" and "after openworklistItem". It is working well and faster response from openworklistItem before 3pm but it getting slow response from k2 openworklistitem around 3pm and i find out the MS SQL server CPU is not too high around 10-40%. Anyone get any suggestion and advice to find out the problem of slow openworklistem?

FYI, I am using the k2 .net 2003 server and the services pack i think it is sp2a.

Very difficult to troubleshoot.  I haven't seen this before but is there something specific happening at 3pm in your company?  Probably due to increased user activity but why it would be at 3pm - I'm not sure.  Maybe SQLServer maintenance jobs running?

- Ockert

Or did you setup IIS application pool recycle at 3pm by mistake?

I have checked that is not SQLServer maintenance jobs is running on 3pm. The "Increased user activity" will make the openWorklistItem slow, it is relate with the MS SQL server (SQL server busy, the k2 function will slow down) ?May i know how Openworklistitem function work?Is it call the k2Server service and the service call the MS SQL server  or it directly connect and call the MS SQLServer?

How many concurrent users are you expecting at 3pm?   Is there any guide line from K2 folks on increasing the number of main threads (default is 25) in K2 Service Manager?

Did you verify SQL Server performance monitor to see the specific bottlenecks?  (not enough memory for cache, IO bound, etc)?

Here are a bunch of good scripts to eval SQL server performance. 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/08/01/SqlDmvs/default.aspx

I also find out the K2 .net server Console is also slow to response on that time, especially i first time click on the icon to connect the server. Any one get idea on it?