Skip to main content

Symptoms

Dear,

One of my SmartObjects seems to have an underlying issue. When I am packaging and deploying a project the it will take an extremely long time to analyse the particular SmartObject and on some occasions the Package and Deploy tool will hang and eventually crash. To be clear it is only this SmartObject that has the problem, all other artifacts analyse ok.
I am seeing similar issues with the GetList method of this smart object. When running the GetList method in Smart Object Tester or in a Smart Form it will take a very long time and sometimes crash.
Granted the database table does contain 8000 records so I wouldn't expect fast returns but the performance issues occur even I am returning a small subset of the data using specific input parameters. This added to the performance issues when using the package and deploy tool suggest there is a problem with the smart object it's self.

Diagnoses

during investigation we found that there were space problems on the sql server. I asked for the space to be increased.

Resolution

Customer resolved the performance issue internally after the IT made changes to the SQL Server

Be the first to reply!