Skip to main content

I'm running BlackPearl 4.5 Build 1420 on a single Windows Server 2008 R2 connected to a seperate SQL Server 2008 database server.  I can happily make sub second connections to the ADOConnection, Smartobjects and the server.  However, I am experiencing large delays in one environment whene calling the CreateProcessInstance and Execute commands from my C# assemblies.  I have two environments, both on the same network and domain and same spec hardware.

In 1 environment I get 1-2 seconds responds, but the other it takes about 20 seconds to respond to the SourceCode.Workflow.Client.Action.Execute command?

Does anyone know what actuakl occurs when you call these two commands and what could possibly be making such a large differecne in response times?

Ok, so I seem to have found the cause of my issue....it's Active Directory calls!

We have some code that determines which Group the user is in, and then has to grab each user within those groups to send them some messages.  In the two environments the testers have created more groups and assigned more users, therefore the calls take longer.  Now my only problem is how to make these calls faster.  In Prod we will have many more users within groups so thuis will only get slower!

Any thoughts on speeding up AD lookups in C# would be appreciated.  We already target directoy to the OU that the groups are in, so we are not doin a full AD scan.