Skip to main content

Hi Mates,

I had implemented the redirect functionality in my workflow. So if user want to redirect the worklist item assign to other user he select that user and click on redirect. I had capture the details of that user in Datafield.

In my ClientEvent i checked where that Datafield is empty or not. if its not empty i assign that worklist item to perticular user instate of Group.

My problem is that i want to send the custom email notifcation message to redirected user. But since my workflow came into same activity end user receive 2 email notifications.

One which was set at client event and another which was set in redirect form.

So what i can do so user only receive the Redirect  email which was set in smartforms. and not receive the email which was trigger at client event

Please help me.

Thanks

12311i4571EACC72B693BF.png

Hi Niks

I think there a 2 options.

1.  Insert some logic in your task (Approvers Action) email notification that changes the message  based on whether a redirection has occurred. You could create another data field (e.g. Redirect) and set it to True in the Check Redirect Request activity. In your email you can use an If function (or multiple If functions) to change the email text if Redirect = True. This might be a bit cumbersome depending on how different the custom notification is to the original.

2. Instead of moving the workflow to the Check Redirect Request activity when redirect is requested, move it to another Approval task. You can still do the "Assign Redirect Request" event before to get the task recipients, but instead of going back to the original Approval task you move a new "Redirect Approval" task. You can then modify the task email as required. You would then need to configure the outcomes and lines from this new task to the next workflow steps as per the "Approval Action" task.