Skip to main content

Hi All,

I have a smrtform which has radio button selection for a type. Based on type selection my workflow changes. 

Add - Wf1

Delete Wf2

Submit - Wf3.

I am looking for a opnion here. 

My start workflow trigger is submit button click.

Should I create 3 different workflow and call them based (if/else) on radio button selection on submit button click? are there any issues with this approach as single form will have call for 3 workflows.

Or I should use IPC to do this. Generally we use K2 web designer to create workflows and it doesn't allow to create a workflow without selecting a form. Thus in this case how t create child workflows (3 workflows)?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Aditi

Hi Aditi

The decision to create different workflows really depends on how different the processes are for each of the 3 options. If they are similar I would try and create one workflow, and use the form data and line rules in the workflow to dictate the workflow logic and path.

There is no issue with calling 3 different workflows from your form, however as you have discovered you will need to create the workflows in K2 Studio or Visual Studio. The complication will come if you need to have the users open task forms for each workflow. I would suggest creating different task forms for each workflow in this case to avoid complications.

The IPC approach will also work, although I would avoid doing this if you can easily call the different workflows directly.