Skip to main content

I'm building a set of unattended installation scripts for developers to create a complete platform of SQL, CRM, SharePoint and K2.

I installed everything except K2, on the one server (VM) and have a seperate VM for a Domain Controller. SQL, CRM and SharePoint all functioned.

After I installed K2 Black Pearl, CRM 2011 failed to start. A quick look in the event logs and a Google, revealed some messages from others that having the CRM SDK assemblies in the GAC would cause CRM to fail. I'm assuming the K2 installation GAC'd the offending assembly during installation of the CRM integration components.

The assembly to remove from the GAC is Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.

The event log contained errors with MissingMethodException that mention the Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk assembly.

Once I removed the assembly from the GAC CRM functioned normally. I need to continue checking K2 for full functionality now.

On a parallel note there are comments across the web about CRM clashing with other software which may also install newer version of the C++ runtime, so worth a Google to keep track of these issues too.

Be the first to reply!