Skip to main content

We upgraded from v4.6.8 to v4.6.11 yesterday and have had some prost upgrade issues.

The big problem is that Expressions on fields are no longer working it attached to a form.

The expressions work if you run the View alone, but if it is attached to a form, the expression isn't running.

For example:

On my view, i have a field and created an expression called "Tester" and in the expression details i typed in "Hello"

I then run the view and its displays, but then i run the form with this view already attached, it displays blank...

Any ideas?

Hello,

Some possible ideas that popped into my head after reading this.

1) Do we have any rules on the form that change the data contained in the data field? These would maybe be under when the form initializes. That would explain why it works on the view but not the form.

2) Have you tried removing the view from the form, saving, then adding the view back in?

3) Is this just specific to one form/view with expressions or is it happening on all forms and views with this same setup of expressions? 

4) Is it a specific expression that we see this issue with? If this is the case perhaps recreating the expression might help.

Regards,

Evan 

Evan,

It has happened in various way of several forms. One form wasn't tranferring the expression for a User name conversion from AD and splitting it. -It works ok on the view but not when the view is within the form. While another (see below example) won't even transfer a simple text box entry from a view which was made up from an expression.

It's not one specific Expression, it wouldn't work on all of them.

Our K2 consultant did detach a test copy of one of our forms and then tried to detach and reattach a view and that did work, but i can't go round doing this to all my forms and re-do all the rules when detaching and reattaching.

There is definitely a problem with doing things using already attached views AND EXPRESSIONS. I do not want to detach the Views, because I have lots of rules on the form which refernce the view. If i detach the view, i will lose my rules.

Here is an example:

• I have a List with 2 Text Boxes (A & 😎. Text Box(A) has an EXPRESSION which simply counts the number of records in the list. So let’s say the list has 2 records and therefore the Text Box entry is 2

• The List is attached to my Form. I do a rule (on the form) which says when you double click an item in the View List, then do a transfer data which transfers the contents of the Text Box (A) to text (B), it’s giving me 0…. It should be 2.

I added a Pop-up Message to see what was going on. TextBox A shows "2" on the view (within the Form), but TextBox A in the Po-up Message shows "0"

This worked fine before the upgrade.