Skip to main content

This should be pretty simple but I havent been able to achieve it with rules. I have an Infopath form that has a people picker setup to pull email addresses from ad. I would like the option the leave the field blank and not get an error that a "recipient must be specified" in the workflow. Is there a simple way to achieve this?

Thanks

Dave

Currently there is no way to "turn off" an event from firing. Two easy ways I can think of:

• Add the mail event in its own Activity, then route (or bypass) this activity based on the value of the mail field
  • Write a simple check in the code behind for the email event, which will bypass the rest of the code should the email field in the XML structure be blank.

I currently have the email event as its own parallel activity. I have tried to setup a line rule and a start rule etc that would stop that particular activity if the field was an empty string. It doesnt work. Since this is an infopath form that is being used to start the workflow, it kills the other parallel process if the field is blank. I would think there were some easy solution here.

Dave

Hi

Just place the mail event in a seperate line with (Email not null) condition. If email is present both regular line and mail event line will be executed else regular line alone will be executed.

Karthik