Skip to main content

Hi,

I need to show specific datafields from my own process in the k2 worklist web part.

Can the webpart pick these up or will i have to use the api to write my own worklist?

thanks

jon

Hi Jon,

At runtime the only field you have avaialble to manipulate is the folio.  In some cases it can be enough to manipulate this perhaps with string concatination etc.  The folio can be updated at any point in the process.

If this doesn't suit your requirement then, yes, you will need to write a custom worklist to display your arbitrary columns.  You might want to look in Blackmarket for the "super simple worklist webpart" project, this might save you some development effort.

It's also worth doing some research about the data on demand option as this can have an effect on worklist load performance - the default is on which is what you want for any colum except those that you intend to display on the worklist.

Hope this helps.

Ashley

Nice one Ashley,

Folio might be enough so I will have a look.

Many thanks for you prompt response.

jon

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for your posting. It helps me also.

Could you please let me know where I can find the -- Blackmarket for the "super simple worklist webpart" project --. we need a worklist management that can show the instances of k2 process, and all the activities of each instance, including when the activitity started, sleeping/delay time if any, when it was scheduled to run...

Thanks in advance!

Wei 

Wei,

Here is the link for the blackmarket workflist code: http://www.k2underground.com/groups/k2_worklist_web_part/default.aspx

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for the link, I'll look at it, and learn from the examples.

Thank again!!!!!!

Wei