Skip to main content

We have installed the newest release of Blackpearl (Beta) in our development environment to test the new K2 Process Designer in Sharepoint. WE have no experience with Blackpearl, but are experienced with K2.net 2003.

I built a very simple approve/deny workflow using the approve/deny template. I uploaded a test document to trigger the workflow, which it does, creating a task for the person assigned. However, the Sharepoint Task "Action this work item! " drop down list is empty. I have no idea where to look for a problem ... can anyone help me out?

Hi,

If there are no task actions then it means that 1) The incorrect user opened the task and is not allowed to action the task (probably not your problem) or 2) Authentication failed between MOSS and K2 Server and the K2 Server is trying to open the task as an anonymous user which will not have rights to action the item.

To troubleshoot this start your K2 Server in console mode and pay attention to the user being authenticated in the Console. The tasks are loaded from the RuntimeServices/SharePointService.asmx web service. You can investigate IIS logs for the web site hosting the RuntimeServices to determine if there are any 401 Unauthorized calls to this web service. If there are then you probably need to set up Kerberos between MOSS, RuntimeServices and K2 Server.

I hope the above helps you to troubleshoot and resolve this.

Regards,