Skip to main content

Symptoms

"SharePoint Service Broker" in the "Registration Wizard" in SharePoint 2013 fails

Diagnoses

I am trying to upgrade K2 from 4.6.8 to 4.6.9. K2 blackpear, smartforms, smartforms Control Pack and K2 for SharePoint have been upgraded without any major problems.
Then I copied the "Installation" folder of K2 for SharePoint installation package into the SharePoint front end server, which is a separate server from K2 server, and executed the "AppDeployment.exe". Again, no major issue.

Then, I upgraded an existing K2 blackpearl app in SharePoint 2013. After the new version is installed against the existing app, I click the app icon to proceed to the Registration Wizard.
I entered the URL to the K2 server, click next, the configuration started. Then it gives me an error at the "SharePoint Service Broker" step, saying:

SmartObject Server Exception: Error refreshing Service Instance 'portal'. Service returned : 'The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.Failed to initialize the Context: URL: http://portal Username: Error Details: Method: SharePointService.initializeContext x-ms-diagnostics : 3000006reason="Token contains invalid signature."category="invalid_client" SPRequestGuid : 4ff0ed9c-f3ee-d00c-cd11-fcd7252d182f '.

Running an existing view that contained the Worklist control erred with:
Unable to connect to server.
Instance validation error: 'undefined' is not a valid value for ValueType

Resolution

The K2 for Sharepoint 2013 setup.exe was re-ran again on the K2 server to performed a Repair. Afterward, re-ran the appdeployment.exe on the Sharepoint server again to redeploy the app. The registration of the app and refreshing of the Sharepoint Service Broker was successful afterward.

This behavior was reproducible and was associated with a bug discovered in 4.6.9. In which, if filters were previously configured for the worklist control the Logical Operator "AND/OR" will disappear after an upgrade to 4.6.9. The previous filter was configured as:

Workflow Name Contains "Workflow1"
OR Workflow Name Contains "Workflow2"

The workaround for the time-being is to reconfigure the worklist control filter having the issue to have the logical operators.

Be the first to reply!