Skip to main content

We have recently deployed a process to our live environment for the first time.  When running the process it is erroring at the SharePoint Search event wizard with the error 'The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.'  It only errors if search results are found and the process attempts to store the results in an XML content field (if no results are found it is fine).

We didn't encounter this problem in Dev or UAT as our service accounts were the same domain administrator account. Now we are using different accounts for the K2 server and SharePoint services we have found this authorisation issue.

The new service accounts have access to the process and the sharepoint site.

We are using Kerberos and NTLM authorisation.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Some things to check.

Is the K2 Service account in Production a member of the Site Collection Administrator's group?  If not make sure you add it to that group and try again in case its a straight SharePoint permissions issue.

Offhand I wouldn't think Kerberos would be involved in this scenario but if the above doesn't work check the Windows Application event logs for errors for kerberos entries.

I'd also run the K2 Configuration Analysis on the K2 Server to make sure that it doesn't find local file system permission issues.

That was it - when I added the K2 Service account to the Site Collection Administrator's group it worked. Thank you very much for your help.