Skip to main content

Symptoms

I have a document library that has over 10,000 documents in it but these documents are stored in hundreds of document sets. Each document set contains less than 30 documents.

I have a workflow that has a SharePoint search event that searches for all of the documents in a particular document set. In the wizard I put in the document set name for the "SharePoint folder" field. When this event runs I am getting the following error in the Error Logs:

Server was unable to process request. ---> The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator. ---> The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator.0x80070024

There is no view in this document library that displays all items and reaches the view threshold and I defined the folder to start searching in. How am I getting this error?

Diagnoses

This is a known issue with the way the SharePoint Search Event works in previous version of K2 blackpearl. Beginning with blackpearl 4.6.7 and up we shipped an entire revamp of the way the SharePoint Search event works as well as the services behind it that query large lists.

Resolution

Try increasing the List View Threshold (LVT) for the SharePoint Web application in question - the default value is set at '5000' for Users and '20000' for Auditors and Administrators:

1. Login to SP Central Admin.
2. Go to Application Management -> Manage Web Applications.
3. Pick the Web application for which you want to change the List View Threshold.
4. In the ribbon above, click General Settings, and in the drop-down menu pick 'Resource Throttling'.

Alternatively, you can upgrade your version of K2 blackpearl to at least 4.6.7.

Be the first to reply!