Skip to main content

Ok, don't laugh too hard. New guy here, week old.

Yesterday, I ran into the 8-12 max limit on lookup tables in SP and K2 Appit workflow.

So today, I limited my SP List to just a few fields and created a SmartObject on the SmartBox to hold the majority of the fields. I created the correct (1:1) association. My form is failing at runtime with this error:

"List does not exist. The page you selected contains a list that does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user."

When I generated the view from the SmartBoxObject, I notice there were no Parameters or Rules auto-generated, like when you generate a view from a SmartObject off a SP list.

What in the hec am I missing?

Ok. Made some progress today. I'm writing to and reading from my new SmartBox SmartObjects. I get Create=Write and Load=Read, but does SAVE=Update?

One thing I ran into with the LookUp limit is there's something in the way that Appit interfaces with SharePoint Online that causes Person/Group type columns to be treated as lookup columns, so if you have 7 real lookup and 6 person/group columns, you will have exceeded the limit that Appit can handle--even though SharePoint will let you do it.

I know you're handling this via SmartBox, but I couldn't find this information documented anywhere and thought it was worth sharing as it caused several days of pain for me.