Skip to main content

When you set up a column in SharePoint as a Lookup column, SharePoint will store values in the following format: ItemID;#Title. So, if a lookup column was populated with two values, you might see an entry that looks like the following:

1;#Ohio,2;#Kentucky

In blackpearl, I'm faced with trying to return the two items from the lookup list for the two above entries. So far, I have written server code to parse out the Item ID's from above and used the SharePoint List Items wizard to pull the items individually using the Item IDs that I parsed out.

Am I approaching this correctly or are there better alternatives to working with lookup columns?

I currently go about this the same way as you... I'm not sure there is a better way at this time.

Here is how I achieved mine.

I had a similar issue, where by I was ccreating a list item using the create list item event from K2 studio. One of the properties on the new list item was a lookup column that was looking up to another list. Here is the tricky part. When you are on the "Specify properties for the list item", add into the lookup column "field value" the .ID reference of the source list item found in the process/activity data browser, and it will resolve itself to the correct display value when the workflow runs.

Hope this helps in how to set a lookup column value.

Wanted to touch base with the originatior and  see if you were able to get any insight to the situation.

If you are still running into issues you are more than welcome to submit a ticket to K2 support for further troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Matthew