Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a sharepoint 2013 list smartobject and associated view and form. I have a form parameter where ID value of list item is entered. The form should display the list items with ID value equal to parameter entered. I have used the Rule 'Get List Items by Id' on Form Initializing, but the view appears empty every time. Any ideas?

Hi Srikshna,

Can you confirm for me that the SmartObject is indeed storing the list items? Also can you attach a screenshot of your rule setup?

Regards,

Yannick

On execution of Get List Items, i get the entire result set, hence I know that the smart object does indeed have the data.

Attached is the configuration of the Rules.

16438iA26AF1D644DA4A32.jpg
11241i92DCDA829D75DE25.jpg

Hi Srikrishna

Please ensure that you configured the (Configure) part of your rule correctly.

You want the all the parameter related records retrieved from the SmartObject, depending on the parameter that you supply.

I suggest that you double check that the configuration is done correctly on your rule. ensure that you give the Input Mapping the ID (parameter) in the field that you are going to type the parameter when the view is run and the Output Mappingshould also be ID on the field where the parameter related ID should be retrieved to, as example: you want to give the view ID 1 and it should return ID 1 and all its accociated information.