Skip to main content

I have a smartobject which creates and updates information in a SharePoint list.

This works OK but I always notice that the Created by/Updated By fields on the SharePoint List items always display the K2 service object name instead of the DOMAINUsername of the person who made the change.  Is there anyway around this? 

thanks
Paul

It depends on how your service instance has been configured. The default is to have the Authentication Mode set to Impersonate. This way, any interaction through that SmartObject will attempt to use the logged on user when interacting with SharePoint. If you have a fixed user being authenticated (listed as the Created By/Modified By ID), chances are that the service instance has been configured to either use the Service Account or a Static account. 

NB: There are pros and cons to both approaches, so the correct setting will depend on your requirements. 

thanks for the advice.. I didn't think to check the service instance but when I did I found authentication mode was already set to impersonate.

my mistake.. you were correct.

I was looking at the authentication method on our development server - when checking the live server the authentication method was set to use service account.  So problem solved.. thanks