Skip to main content

Hi,

we currently have a a SmartForms and K2 workflow built using K2 for SharePoint application to create the SmartObjects, Views and Forms off of the SharePoint list.

We then used the K2 for SharePoint Workflow designer to build the workflow for this.

We now have a change request to change the name of the SharePoint list. Can you tell me what is the impact of this?

From my experience, it will require a complete rebuild of the Views, Forms and Workflow as they are tighly coupled to to the list. Also I know that using the Regenerate SmartObjects, Views and Forms option in K2 for SharePoint will completely reset the customizations made on the Views and Forms and possibly even the workflow. We only every use the regenerate SmartOvjects option for this reason.

What is your advice on this?

Cheers,

Sam

Hello,

From my experience, renaming the SharePoint List from the List Settings should give you an option to rename the smartobjects, view, and form if you go to the K2 app page. This change should be immediately picked up by the K2 for SharePoint app. From what I have seen before, this option does not change the overall structure of your artifacts so no impact there. If you go to the K2 app, do you see this option at the top?