Skip to main content

Hi,

I am trying to integrate a K2 Workflow With a SharePoint Library using Visual Studio and have a couple of questions on this.

1. Seems like the default functionality is to start the workflow when a new item is created however I want the user to have the ability to manually create this, how do I configure this through the SharePoint Workflow Integration Wizard?

2. Once I add a SharePoint Workflow Integration Wizard, how can I remove this?

3. I start a Workflow and once the workflow is started it creates a task, however I cannot find this task either in SharePoint or in K2.  Does someone know where I can find this.  I cannot find the task in the designated task list or the K2 TaskList.  However the workflow is in a running state with no tasks.

Thanks

Arjuna.

Hi Arjuna,

Answers to your questions are in line....

1. Seems like the default functionality is to start the workflow when a new item is created however I want the user to have the ability to manually create this, how do I configure this through the SharePoint Workflow Integration Wizard?

[ jscott ]: When you setup your SharePoint Workflow Intergration, if you run the wizard in advanced mode, there will be a step that will give you the chance to specify "Start Options". Here you can set it to manual instead of the default automatic.

2. Once I add a SharePoint Workflow Integration Wizard, how can I remove this?

> jscott ]: I am not sure there is a way to undo the SharePoint Workflow Integration Wizard on a process once it has been ran. If you are talking about how to stop the changes that were made to MOSS when the process was deployed, you can "deactivate" it by going to Site Settings > Site Collection Administration > K2 Workflow Integration

3. I start a Workflow and once the workflow is started it creates a task, however I cannot find this task either in SharePoint or in K2.  Does someone know where I can find this.  I cannot find the task in the designated task list or the K2 TaskList.  However the workflow is in a running state with no tasks.

> jscott ]: Have you checked the event log on your MOSS server to see if MOSS itself has logged any issues with creating a task list item? When you ran the SharePoint Workflow Integration Wizard, did you also let that wizard run the SharePoint Workflow Integration Wizard Client?