Skip to main content

I created a basic workflow (only one action to update a list item field value) on a pre-existing Sharepoint list and allowed manual starting.

When I start the workflow I recieve the error message copied at the end of the post.

Any suggestions on what might be the cause, or places to start troubleshooting. 

I've create a workflow against another list on the same Sharepoint site without issue.  I've also regenerated the Smart Objects for the list that this error is associate with and the issue continues.

Error:

Thread 1: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

•Type: SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException

•Source: SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client

•Method Base

◦Member Type: Method

◦Name: ExecuteScalar

◦Module

Scope Name: SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.dll

◦Declaring Type

Full Name: SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectClientServer

•Stack Trace:

at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectClientServer.ExecuteScalar(SmartObject smartObject, DataTable inputTable)

at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormRuntime.SmartObjectExecution(XPathNavigator nav, Boolean outputDependencies, SmartObjectClientServer svr)

at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormRuntime.WorkXmlToApi(String xml)

at SourceCode.Forms.Runtime.AJAXCall.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

This error seems to be coming from a SmartObject. Try running your app's Registration Wizard again and see if it helps.

If that does not work, you have to find out which SmartObject is giving that error. Try using your SmartObjects Service Tester to test all the SmartObjects you are using in your workflow, especially the SmartObject responsible for interacting with your list.