Skip to main content

1. Business Scenario

My requirement is using SharePoint list to capture data from the list and when the user raises workflow it should go to approver on the basis of the list item means nothing needs to add K2 from SharePoint, the approver screen should be customized, once the user approved the workflow it should complete the workflow and list item move to another list.

The pattern I Follow

I am using SharePoint Integration Wizard under that I chose Generate asp.net pages in order to modify the layout of my approval and start screen, my requirement is to customized pages which should be seen in SharePoint interface means ribbon, theme, logo like deploying a web part "kind a" in SharePoint.

Queries

1.       I am not changing the fields, what if, i have to add the field or remove the field or some modification required will the change revert the layout of the ascx(Task, Initiation, association)  controls to default, because in our case the change  is possible, Could you please explain it in more detail.

1.1   After instantiating the list based workflow if I change the data in SharePoint list item will it affect the approver means approver can see the modified details when he/she tries to approve, in my case the data is not changing I want approver to see the latest change on that list item also.

The way I did is, use sharepoint_item under uprocess xmlfield], I did not create Smartobject of List.

2.       I have used SharePoint Integration, in the wizard I chose Asp.net and in form layout I chose Generate new asp.net pages, in that case K2 creates “webclient” site in which (Association, instantiation, Approver) screens can be customized, I want to customized the layouts, put asp.net controls (like using checkbox instead of textbox in case of Boolean) a part from that where to deploy “CSS” file of that website. If I use “msbuild” or “Deploy” method of Visual Studio it deploys the Process and the website together in my case I only need to deploy ascx file(like Approver screen)  and dll file of that site.

3.       For third I will use Data event to set the value of folio, but basic SharePoint integration has some start page where you can set folio(not in my case). Can I use “SharePoint_Item” ID and Title for folio, because some times when I deploy the change For Instance changing in ascx file, the value of ID and Title remain blank after the starting the workflow means Empty folio generated and when I rerun the SharePoint Integration Wizard and deploy it again the data comes.

Regards,

Noman Siddiqui

Be the first to reply!