Skip to main content
Hi

I'm using the K2SPSList inside one of my processes to give me the ability to upload / download documents from sharepoint libraries etc.

In order to initiate the above process, i have a sharepoint event handler on a given library. inserting a new document (manual upload by the user) into the doc library fires an event that is handled by a K2 event handler.

However, i now have a new requirement which is to automate the upload of this document to sharepoint, which in turns initiates the workflow instance.

I'm wondering, can I also use thee K2SPSList DLL outside of a K2 workflow instance for this purpose. The upload of the document to sharepoint would be from a client machine. Are there any technical reasons why I can't re-use the K2SPSList dll in order to facilite the document upload in this circumstance.

Regards
Craig
There is no technical reason why you wouldn't be able to make use of K2SPSList however it is an unsupported component meaning that there is no documentation available and there is no guarantee that the functionality will remain the same between versions.

The alternative to using K2SPSList would be to go directly to the SharePoint API which is documented and supported by Microsoft.

I hope this helps

-Eric