Skip to main content

I have a SharePoint 2013 XML forms library that I planned to appify and create a smart object for. This would allow me to create a task driven workflow around these forms and send notifications, manipulate data, etc. 

However, It is stated in the following article (http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/K2-Application-unable-to-appify-a-library/ta-p/77046) that we would need to re-create the library to a supported type, or use a SharePoint Event Receiver to achieve the desired functionality.

Recreating the library is not the desired option, and I’m unsure of the direction for the development of this Event Receiver. Also, I am unsure if it will make the XML Form Library’s data accessible by K2 (in the way SmartObjects expose data), or simply kick off a workflow that is unconnected to the Library’s data (requiring us to handle the data in code to then be evaluated by the K2 workflow, and then passed back through code for action).

Does anyone have experience with this in SharePoint 2013? If so, how did you resolve? 

I found a fairly simple workaround that allows us to use the existing InfoPath form with minimal changes. 

Instead of publishing the InfoPath form to a XML Forms Library, you can publish the InfoPath forms Content Type to a Document Library. This will allow you to create a smart object based on the data you're using, and keep the InfoPath XML documents.