Skip to main content

Hi all -

WIth SharePoint 2013 we lost the Process Portal, which is the key way we allowed users to manage K2 processes.  I understand some have recommended allowing users access to the K2 workspace to manage their processes, but the problem is that even with the bare minimum permissions that are some system-level settings that can be modified by users who should not have that ability.

Is there an alternative to either of these solutions that would allow users to begin managing their own processes again?  Is K2 developing a replacement (maybe smartforms based)?

Hi wkucardinal

I understand K2 are working on a SmartForms based replacement for the Process Portal, but don't know what the timeframe for release is. In the meantime I have used the Workflow Management Service (from K2 Market) to build process specific "process portals" using SmartForms. If you set the service instance to use K2 service account for authentication, and grant the service account process admin rights, users can do things like redirect tasks, stop processes etc.

That is an excellent idea.  I will look into that.  Thank you!