Skip to main content

I have been trying to determine whether or not the app pools for the SharePoint 2010 applications need to be set back to "Classic" mode as with K2 blackpearl 0807.  I have a distributed test environment working except for the workflow integration on the list/libraries.  I am getting prompted to log into them.  I was curious if there are best practices that I am missing some where.

Thanks,

Jason

Configure the IIS 7 application pool Managed Pipeline mode setting to Classic and ensure that

• Windows Authentication is enabled
  • Anonymous authentication is disabled

You might be getting the prompt due to insufficient permissions. Does K2 Service Account has full rights on that library? Is it a site collection admin? Check the user contribute permissions as well.

Thanks for the suggestions, I have been running through them.  The only disparity I have is the Managed Pipeline mode.  SharePoint 2010 sets the application pools to "Integrated" by default and when I change them to "Classic" mode the SharePoint application ceases to work.  Have you run into a similar situation?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

for the SharePoint 2010 Application Pools, the preferred managed pipeline mode is the Integrated mode.

You mentioned about being prompted for credentials when accessing the site. Can you please ensure that the site is added to the list of trusted sites, that the security level is set to Low and that you change the setting in "Custom Level"at the bottom to "automatic logon with current username and password".

Also ensure that the Authentication for that site is set as described below;

NTLM - This is when you are using a stand alone setup with all the K2 components installed on one singe server. except for the SQL server.

Negotiate, NTLM - This Authentication method will be used when having a distributed setup of K2, with K2 server on Server A and SharePoint on Server B.

HTH

Regards,

Coenie

After some round and round with the environment I believe the fix was as follows:

• Set the "useAppPoolCredentials" setting in IIS for the SharePoint application.
  • Set the "useKernelMode" setting in IIS for the SharePoint application. (This may cause other issues down the road, because SharePoint also disables this by default from what I have read)
  • Set up the sites such that they are in out "Intranet" zone or as a "Trusted Site"

At this point I have almost the entire configuration working, but I have a Kerberos issue going on related to SmartObjects to decipher.

Thanks for the feedback,

Jason