Skip to main content

I have been able to get the web designer functioning in a 2010 Sharepoint application, but I get the following message when I try to deply a test process.

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SourceCode.WebDesigner.Authoring.SharePoint.GenerateProcess' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: exePath must be specified when not running inside a stand alone exe.
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.OpenExeConfigurationImpl(ConfigurationFileMap fileMap, Boolean isMachine, ConfigurationUserLevel userLevel, String exePath)
   at SourceCode.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.OpenConfiguration(String fileName)
   at SourceCode.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.OpenConfiguration()
   at SourceCode.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.get_Current()
   at SourceCode.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.get_PropertyWizards()
   at SourceCode.WebDesigner.Authoring.SharePoint.GenerateProcess..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I vaguely recall that there was a work around for a similar issue in 0807, but I cannot seem to find it in my notes.

Thanks for any help.

Please check the WFE machine.config files, located in C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727CONFIG and C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFramework64v2.0.50727CONFIG, and make sure that the <sourcecode.configuration> settings are set in the machine.config file. Running the k2 setup manager repair option would also write the k2 references to the machine.config files.

You also need to be sure that the WFEs and the SharePoint app tier can talk on whatever port Central Admin is configured for.