Skip to main content

Symptoms

I would like to know what is involved in swapping out a user account with a service account in K2 Appit.

Diagnoses

I have a workflow which appears to run under a regular user account (John Doe) instead of the service account. I believe Appit was installed using this *User Account (John Doe) this means every updates done by the workflow process reflects 'John Doe' - this is not the behavior expected. I would like to change this and make sure process updates correctly reflects the service account and not 'John Doe' since John didn't actually make the updates.

Resolution

Please double check that the Appit Service Account is a Tenant Admin and can Access the K2 Application.

1. Login as the existing Global/Tenant admin user

2. Create a new service account user and give that user a global/tenant admin permissions

3. Allocate that user the site collection admin rights on the App Catalog (allows the new user to run the

registration wizard on the site)

4. Make that user also a K2 Server Admin in the management site (it avoids lock out) (Go to K2 Management andgt Workflow Server andgt Server Rights and give the Appit Service Account Admin rights here.)

5. Within the management site navigate through Authentication > OAuth > Tokens

a. Delete the token WHERE Resource Type = 'Microsoft Online' AND Username= 'current global admin'

b. Delete the two other tokens WHERE Resource Type = 'Microsoft Online' AND Username='Kuid'

6. Open a new browser or Incognito browser

7. Login to SharePoint online as the new global admin user

8. Run the registration wizard

a. The user will get the consent page

b. New token will be registered

Be the first to reply!