Skip to main content

Hi All,

I would like some help from the community:

I have a client that has a standalone K2 environment, the setup is as follow:

1. ) a SQL server with a SQL instance for the K2 database (Separete Server)
  2. ) An Exchange server (Separete Server)
  3. ) K2 and SharePoint installed on same server

Everything is working as expected and one can access designer, workspace and runtime forms from the K2 server internally. The client wants to be able to open forms from outside of the server. The client has purchased an SSL certificate (SAN certificate) with multiple domains for arguments sake lets call them demo.denallix.com, exchange.denallix.com.

The exchange is obviously for exchange and works perfectly for accessing OWA and is setup on the exchange server, but now I need to setup K2 for external access, windows authentication is fine and we don't require a SQLUM or anything. But I am having a hard time understanding what needs to be done.

I have reconfigured blackpearl and smartforms to use https://demo.denallix.com but the pages are still not accessible from outside the context of the server, to make matters worse I now cannot access anthing internally on the server as it just gives me a "Server not found error"

Please help guys I know you can do it !

Hi Helgrad,

This isn't an easy question to answer as are a few moving parts, but I'll try to give you some suggestions. My first thought is if you are getting a server not found, I would have your network administrator check the DNS entry for Demo.denallix.com to verify that it is pointing to the right K2 server.

Second, I would check the smartforms runtime and designer websites and validate that the host header bindings are correct for SSL with a host header of demo.denallix.com

If you are getting a server not found error, then that is something outside of K2 that isn't configured correctly. If you conducted a reconfigure it may be the bindings. I would suggest to start there and see what you find out in your investigations.

S.

Hi Scott,

You were a 100% correct, the DNS enty was pointing to the exchange server for demo.denallix.com. I asked the network administrator to update the DNS entry to point to the K2 server and this resolved all my issues.

I am not an net admin so this slipped my mind for a while. Thank you very much if I could Kudos more then once I would :D

Kind regards,

Helgard Wagener