Skip to main content

I Migrated from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013.

Set item permissions error out saying access denied when using people picker column value to set item permissions for the list item.

I am using Nintex Workflow Version 3.0.8.0

I have set workflow account as site collection admin but still it throws access denied error when setting item permissions.

Do you mean when you are configuring the action and you set the user to change permissions for through the people lookup, then you get an error? Would you mind showing a screen shot, as the timing of the error could mean different things.

I was able to figure out the answer.

The problem was After migrating the workflows from SharePoint 2010 to 2013, the workflows threw access denied errors when executing the "Set Item Permission" action.There were 3 values used for changing the permissions using "Set Item Permission"  action and while executing it was able to apply the permissions for a SharePoint Group but not for the ItemProperty:PeoplePickerfield. value.

When I re-published the workflows, which I had done after the migration, the workflows did not throw an error for the "Set Item Property" action and it executed without errors.

Thanks for your prompt reply.