Skip to main content

Is there K2 service/process that can be used to read an attachment file into a grid/table? I know this can be done in asp.net but I am looking for a way to do it with K2. The attachment file would be a csv or excel which ever is easiest for K2 to read. I want to some how do a bulk entry into a smartobject and then do validations on the entires. Can this be done using a workflow? 

Hi, Ryan11

Can you please look at the links below on how you can use a K2 service to read excel file Attachments, hope this suggestion helps.

Regards

Julia

Thanks Julia for the information. I looked into it but I am struggeling in understanding how to use the functions to pull the data from an excel file into a smartobject or directly into a sql table. Do you know of any documentation or example that can provide a little more clarification.

Thanks again for the help.

Hi, Ryan11

Can you please see the following links below:

Could you also look at the attached pdf document detailing how to use Inline functions in K2

Regards

Julia

Hi, Ryan11

I just wanted to follow up on this post, can you please update me with this post did you manage to Read CSV or Excel File Attachment?

Regards

Julia

Hi Julia,

Based on your link, there is a requirement to use sharepoint to save the file.

However, if I am not using sharepoint.

Can i still be able to read the excel/CSV file data via a smartform(SQL Stored procedure) if i store the file in a physical location or table?

For example, i stored the excel/CSV file into a table using this method by Johan.

http://johanmeyer.ukuvuma.co.za/2013/12/08/k2-blackpearl-file-upload-custom-table/

Or I used a view which allow my user upload an attachment file.

How can i read and store the excel/CSV file data via smartform or SQL query to validate and store the data into a SQL table

Regards

Chong