Skip to main content
Downloaded and installed the latest version of SQLUM from the portal site.
Everything seemed to go fine.
Added a user to the Users table in the database, created a project in Studio and exported it OK after changing the connection to external.
However on the server, I cannot get the service manager MMC to connect.
When I change the connection to external I receive "User does not have the necessary rights to perform this action" error message.
Change it back to AD and get an authentication failed error.
Can't get the Sevice manager to connect at all.
Any help appreciated.

Colin Brown
UAB
Hi,

I think the problem here is you have specified a user to have Admin rights for your K2 Server while still using the AD UM. Now you've installed SQL UM and there are no users in this UM that have admin rights and changing Service Manager back to use AD won't work as the K2 Server is configured for SQL UM.

Easiest way to get out of this is to open your K2 database and remove all entries from the _ServerUser table. This will "reset" admin rights for the K2 Server and you should be able to log in with Service Manager. Just note that you have to restart your K2 Server after removing the entries from the table before it will take affect.

DISCLAIMER: Direct manipulation of the K2 databases is not supported. If this issue is occurring on a production environment, please contact your local K2 office for official support.