Skip to main content

Symptoms

I am getting error messages attempting to do many common tasks in K2 Workspace. Like clicking "next" on a paged view, or attempting to open any "Process Overview" process names. Basically anything that requires loading within that main iframe will crash. Any operations that refresh that little frame and the navigation, for example, work fine. I attempted a reboot of the K2 server as per resolution in that ticket and the issue is not resolved. Prior to a full server reboot I tried an IIS reset and K2 blackpearl app pool refresh, neither worked. Please assist. Error is as follows, screenshot also attached:

Server Error in '/Workspace' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

Diagnoses

Issue likely due to a misconfiguration in IIS Manager for the K2 workspace Application Pool.

Resolution

Check IIS Manager to make sure the Application Pool for running the workspace site is configured to use .NET Framework Version 2.

This also fixed the following error I was getting in Workspace:

Server Error in '/Workspace' Application.

--------------------------------------------------​------------------------------

A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (QueryCollectionXML="<?xml version="1.0" ...").

Description: ASP.NET has detected data in the request that is potentially dangerous because it might include HTML markup or script.  The data might represent an attempt to compromise the security of your application, such as a cross-site scripting attach.  If this type of input is appropriate in your application, you can include code in a web page to explicitly allow it.

Hi,

is anyone having idea on how to migrate workflow instances from one server to another server?.