Skip to main content
Hi All,

I got K2 work space errors as following:

1. Production System use K2.Net 2003 SP2a

when i open k2 workspace> report> process information> Selected Processes, then popup windows show me error messages like this:

Server Error in '/K2V3/Workspace' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Workspace.Net.GraphPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +448
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

And also when i open k2 workspace> report> user performance> select some Process Name and press Generate to generate report. i got error messages like above:

2. Test System use K2.Net 2003 SP4, to test performance and correct the problem as k2 support suggest us.

when i open k2 workspace> report> process information> Selected Processes > Next (for generate graph), then i got error messages like this:

Server Error in '/K2V3/Workspace' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at System.Data.DataTableCollection.get_Item(Int32 index) at Workspace.Net.GraphPage.genChart(DataSet ds)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: at System.Data.DataTableCollection.get_Item(Int32 index) at Workspace.Net.GraphPage.genChart(DataSet ds)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: at System.Data.DataTableCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Workspace.Net.GraphPage.genChart(DataSet ds)]
Workspace.Net.GraphPage.genChart(DataSet ds) +1809
Workspace.Net.GraphPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +758
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Here are my environtment:

-DB: MSSQL2000 SP4 with thai_ci_as collation
-Regional Setting: all value set to United States
-Registry: DisableLoopbackCheck = 1
-Permission: c:windows emp have Modified permission and C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322Temporary ASP.NET Files have Full permission for IIS AppPool user id
-Servers both test and Production already joined Domain
-K2 installation type: Full installation
-On right top of IE show me my account correctly.
-K2 users permission: admin and export
-I am local administrator
-workspaceservice web.config already config DSN account as SA account
-K2Server.config already config Database and LogDatabase as SA account

So how can i correct the problem? Thanks you so much 🙂
Could be any number of things (or a combination).

To help troubleshoot, I would isolate the various factors to see where things are breaking (Client to IIS? IIS to K2?). Running K2 in Console mode will help determine whether the K2 Server is aware of any client requests or not. If not, the issue most likely lies between the client and IIS.

1. Are K2 and IIS on separate machines?
2. Are both environments (Dev/Prd) experiencing the same problems?
If not, what's the difference?
3. Are the errors being encountered via a client browser session running on the IIS server (local) or from a separate client machine (remote)?
4. Does Workspace's 'worklist.aspx' load ok? what about 'report.aspx'? (each taps into K2 differently.) you can test from being on the IIS machine and navigating to the respective ...K2V3workspace.. aspx file.

I would also confirm "Authenticated Users" has been granted permissions to the 2 IIS folders you mention.

I would also refer to KB98 and KB123 for additional information on troubleshooting (it looks like you're aware of some of the factors covered in KB123 though).