Skip to main content
Hi All

This is rather a basic question I'm afraid, but I was wondering if some enlightened person out there might give me a quick run-down on serial numbers - how they are generated, what they are for, and the ways in which I can use them.

To bring a little focus - I am working on a task management solution. A task is created and assigned to a particular user. When the task start date is reached, the user is emailed with a link to a sharepoint workspace. To complete the task, they click a link which loads an asp page. The asp page contains all the details that were entered when the task was created (in uneditable form), with space to attach documents and comments before pressing to "complete task" and end the process.

Users can and will have multiple tasks at one time. When the user clicks the link to complete the task, it needs to load the information for that particular task. It seems this woud be achieved through serial numbers but I'm not really sure where to start.

Many thanks,

Rich
add the webpart to the page and their worklist items will be listed (according to their logged in identity in sps)
similarly to the way they are seen in the workspace

the tlwp is installed with k2 (as part of the sps components) it will be in the virtula server gallery (after you choose to add a webpart and say browse)

this won't solve all your problems - but I think it will take care of the sn part