Skip to main content
Hello,

I am currently developing K2 solution. I already have a smartform created and biztalk orchestrations are already set up. My solution is that as the worklist item in the worklist is chosen, a form will be shown which is pre-populated with values from an XML file and the users will have to manually input some of the values needed. Then when the user clicks on the submit button, the form should be closed and the process should be able to send the xml file with the added values to another folder.

but what's happening in my solution is that the form closes but it does not send an xml file to another folder.

I've configured the receive port for sending back the xml file to a folder using the K2.net worklist adapter. Also, i have added a Biztalk Activity in the process flow in K2.net studio with BTS Orchestration event. in the properties of the BTS Orchestration event, there are fields that should be filled up with values, like the message XPath and the receive location. i am not sure what values should be given in these fields.

When i look at the report part of in the workspace, the item's status is changed to completed though the xml is not sent to the folder specified. What should i do about this, i have to be able to receive the edited xml?

i really would appreciate some answers to my inquiries.

Thanks a lot.
I think the best way to help is to give a high-level clarification of how integration between K2.net and BizTalk is usually achieved. Your mail seems to suggest that you have some areas of misunderstanding around this interaction.

Firstly, when you want to have a Smartform show/update XML, this is not the place where you would need to call BizTalk; You simply need an Activity containing a Client Event, with a Smartform that uses the Activity/Process XML data.

BizTalk would either be called in an Activity prior to the Activity containing the task (i.e. for BizTalk to populate the XML with values from a back-end system) and/or in an Activity following it (i.e. to send the updated XML to BizTalk for it to do something with a back-end system) - it sounds like the latter is what you are trying to achieve.

When you want to execute a BizTalk orchestration, this is done (as you correctly state) with the BTS Orchestration event. The "Message XPath" refers to the sub-section of the Process XML file you are sending to BizTalk (it is simpler to send the whole XML file though, in which case you need to just select the full XML file in the browser, for this field).

The Receive Port refers to the Receive Port already configured in BizTalk (e.g. that will initiate the Orchestration). This receive port can be a standard BizTalk File or HTTP receive port, or a specific K2.net Worklist receive port.

A Worklist recieve port (which you say you are using) has a very specific usage and it doesn't sound like it suits your scenario (it certainly doesn't put an file in a folder). The simplest BizTalk Receive port to use is File Receive Port, which does indeed put a file in a folder (which is then picked up automatically by BizTalk).

You can also add a K2.net Event Send Adaptor to your BizTalk orchestration, allowing it to send date back to K2.net. However, you should check that you can get your Biztalk Orchestration running from K2.net first.