Skip to main content

Symptoms

I am having a problem with SharePoint Online (O365) and my K2 environment (which is installed in Azure). When I access the SharePoint Online environment using IE from the K2 server, all K2 app parts (such as the K2 worklist) appear fine. I can also add/work with the K2 blackpearl app for SharePoint this way. I get the following error: "Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate." The K2 app part for the K2 worklist shows this error. Plus I cannot access or add the K2 blackpearl app for SharePoint because of this security certificate issue (content is blocked).

I have to meet with the prospect tomorrow (on Wednesday 6/17) and would like to understand how to resolve this. How can add a valid security certificate? This seems like the same issue as ticket _79670, but there are no details in the resolution on how to actually install the security certificate. For example:

1. Add the K2 public key certificate to the certificate store of each and every machine that will access the K2 server

While this might not be efficient in a production environment, it would probably be OK for the POC. Can someone please send over instructions?

Diagnoses

The Self Signed certificate that we use wasn't installed in the client machines Trusted Root Certificates. The K2 Self signed certificate uses the machine name of the server and not a hostheader that is was when browsing the K2 Worskpace using a hostheader the names don't match. That is why a Wildcard certificate would be useful.

Resolution

To temporarily fix the issue, the K2 selfsigned certificate needs to be exported from the K2 Server containing the private key and import it into the client machines Root Certificate store. The browsing needs to be done using the server name. If you want to browse the hostheader (ie denalilix.com) a certificate issued to that name has to be created and installed on the K2 site (Wildcard Cert).

Be the first to reply!