Skip to main content

Symptoms

Security setup discussion: SmartObject accessing SharePoint list with Impersonation

Diagnoses

_1
We're trying to setup for the first time the ability to update a Sharepoint 2010 list from SmartObject. I used ServiceAccount through the ServiceBroker and it works fine.
I want the users Sharepoint security to allow the SmartObject to assume that level of security.
I want to switch to Impersonation but, failing.

_2
When creating the SmartObjects methods against the Sharepoint list, GetList, UpdateList work great when running on the dev machine. CreateList throws error. "Required properties: ID". It is expecting the ID as a SharePoint required field. When creating the SO method, the ID does not come in as a parameter. I would expect the SharePoint to autoassign it, like it does through the screen.

Resolution

_1
When using the SharePoint Content Service Broker a Kerberos configuration will be necessary when there is a double-hop scenario (such as client --> K2 Server --> Sharepoint Server). Please see the documentation below regarding a Kerberos configuration:

http://help.k2.com/kerberos_whitepaper.aspx

K2 Remote Services can provide you with Kerberos configuration assistance if needed. K2 Remote Services is an additional service offering which can be engaged, for an additional fee. K2 Remote Services gives customers K2 consulting expertise on an ad hoc, as-needed basis. Time may be scheduled in one-hour increments and charged through Premier support credits. K2 Remote Services is provided by phone, web conference or email. If you wish, I can contact your Customer Account Manager regarding your interest in this service.

_2
This is currently a bug when the following conditions are met:

- creating a "SharePoint Content" Smartobject and method via the K2 Designer
- when more than method is mapped

The workaround for the time-being, is to uncheck the "Required" attribute for the "ID" property. This ticket was also associated with this existing TFS item to be addressed in a future release.

Be the first to reply!