Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a scenario where the users would like to have many fields in a view and then be able to scroll left/right.

The way I have it now is all necessary fields fit the page but they would like more fields added.  The problem I am finding is that if adding another column it shrinks existing columns to fit on the page. 

Is there a way to add scroll bars for horizontal scrolling? 

Thanks.

Hi genejohnson,

I have attempted to replicate issue and i also recieved the same outcome. What i  did notice is that the width of the view is set as 100% and it cannot be set any higher, hence  when adding new columns it will shrink the exsiting columns to page.

Also have you tried adding multiple views to a form and then associating the various views? Lastly what you could do is log a support ticket requesting a feature request for this functionality.

Kind regards,

Yannick

Hi genejohnson,

I just wanted to confirm that this is also logged in a couple feature requests:

1. K2SF. Add Scrollbar in listview

2. Include an option that will allow list views to be scrollable on a form with a frozen header

Was the solution ever foudn on this 

Dear

I do beleive there is an idea that you might wanna give a try .

add a data label (literal) to the view/form .

and add jquery/javascript to change the css of the view .. all u need is a unique selector for the view . 

for example if it the view has class of "test"

$("test").css("overflow-x","scroll");

so all u need to do is find the right selector and do it .... by title , by name , by id , by class ... etc...

because after all , the scrolling is a css property and it can be changed since javascript/jquery is available using data label with literal option on .

EDITED : i just found a link that Mustafa shared a solution at which has the same idea about the scrolling 

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Introduce-scroll-bar-in-view/m-p/89411#M28132

Regards

Hope it helps