Skip to main content

Symptoms

I am running into an issue with the Workflow Scheduler in K2 Management. I need the Workflow to run through each item in a SharePoint list and update the Status based on if a date has been passed. I keep receiving an error that the Date is not in a valid Date/Time.

Diagnoses

The issue was actually related to the Scheduler not being able to target a particular list item. Thus the item reference was always coming back empty which was causing the workflow to fail.

Resolution

We changed how the workflow would run, so that it could run through each item in the list daily, and update them based on the dates.

#1. Drag a Create Reference onto the canvas and create a reference to the SharePoint List.

#2. Drag the For Each loop onto the canvas and use the item reference we just created. This will iterate through each item.

#3. Drag the Update List item step onto the Workflow to actually do the updating and bring in the reference to the item we have created.

We need to check the dates first in the Line Rule, and we use the same item reference we already have.

Be the first to reply!