Skip to main content
Hello,

I am currently working on a process that will require me to store data from c# collections into the process and I would like to know if the following method is an acceptable way to do it.

For example, lets say we have a .net class called Employee with the following properties:

EmployeeID
Name
EmployeeAddresses

And a .net class called Addresses with the following properties

EmployeeID
AddressID
Street
City

In this case, the EmployeeAddresses property in the Employee class returns a collection containing Addresses objects. I need to store this information in the k2 process and I was thinking about creating a single process string datafield in k2 studio that would store an xml string containing the serialized data of these objects. Do you have any concerns on the limits k2 might have for this type of workaround, such as the maximum characters of a string datafield in k2.studio, etc
have a look at the following KB article:

http://kb.k2workflow.com/Articles/KB000166.aspx

you should also be able to use a XMLSerializer to store the object in a plain text datafield, although I believe the binaryformatter method of serialization is more efficient.

Just be careful on keeping audit trail for these fields, since if the object are large you can run in to issues with storage space.