Skip to main content

Hi, I am new to Smartforms and am trying to get the Save to PDF control working. I am dragging it onto a form but when I run the form the Save to PDF control is not visible.

Also when you click the control in Edit mode to configure the rules it does not list 'when clicked' as an event. I have attached screenshots to help explain. The first screenshot shows the control on the form in 'Edit' mode, the second screenshot shows the form in 'Run' mode with the control missing and the third shows the options I see when editing the rules for the control.

I fully accept that I may be incorrectly configuring the control so any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated.

14756iDCA8C89CDF95891B.jpg
16798i053BB60A9E483095.jpg
15100i6DA935ECA25C06D3.jpg

Hi there,

You would need to set the PDF control to execute when a button control is clicked, have a look at page 8 of the following guide: help.k2.com/files/6410. Create a new button, or use an existing button that will execute the SaveAsPDF's method and save the the form to a PDF file. The PDF file itself would then need to be retrieved by generating a list view from the System's PDF SmartObject to be further downloaded.

Regards,

Hi Taariq,

Thank you very much for your post the control is now working perfectly. It did not realise that you needed to use another button to execute that control's method I was under the impression the control was also a button.

Thanks very much for your help.

Hi,

Glad to have helped. Always a pleasure.

Thanks,